Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

Our community

​The land for the original school in 1877 was donated.   The area was originally a coal mining district; consequently the whole area under the school has old mine shafts at 3 different levels. The opening for the mine was near where the Norfolk Island pine now grows.

Thanks to a major Geo-tech survey last year we know that most of the old shafts have collapsed.  The mine shafts are of such a depth and location that they pose no threat to the school community or buildings.