Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

School grounds and classrooms

Grounds

Tivoli State School is built on 5.158 hectares (12.75 acres).  The school has two sporting fields, a tennis court, two covered adventure playgrounds, a covered parade ground, a Tuckshop and two covered eating areas.  The main sporting field is located on the bottom oval and is used for inter-school soccer competitions.  This field doubles as a cricket field and is also used by the Northsider’s Cricket Club during the cricket season.

Buildings

The original 1881 school building was refurbished in December 2012 and now houses the administration office, Principal’s office and first aid room.

The old administration office & Principal’s office are now being used to accommodate our visiting specialist teachers and Guidance Officer.

Parades are held in the undercover area adjacent to the administration building.

There are currently four classes at Tivoli this year. These four classrooms are in B Block and each classroom is effectively the size of a double teaching space. All classrooms are fully air-conditioned with reverse cycle air conditioners.

The two classrooms in D Block will be refurbished in 2013 and will be used for music, instrumental music, drama and the arts.

The withdrawal room in B Block will be refurbished in 2013 to become a science and technology room.

Our newest building is the Library, which was built as a part of the State Government’s Building the Education Revolution (BER) Project. The building was officially opened on 13th November 2012.  The Library has a conference room which is used for staff meetings and special school assemblies.